AddVANTAGE Pro 6.8
AddVANTAGE Pro 6.8
AddVANTAGE Pro 6.8 is the latest incarnation of the ADCON’s universal data visualization, processing and distribution platform. It is fully web based, runs on a fast and reliable PostgreSQL database engine, and is fully scalable from a single user version for 5 RTU’s to a super server, serving hundreds of clients and hundreds of RTU’s.
With the addVANTAGE Pro 6.8 release ADCON introduce the new MobileView user interface for easy access to telemetry data from mobile devices. What is new in addVANTAGE Pro 6.8:
- NEW MobileView add-on available for customized dashboard views in a mobile-optimized web app
- NEW Table Conversion extension for functions like water storage height to volume
- LiveData 2 now included with standard 6.8 license
- Database & Security Improvements
- Updated PostgreSQL database version (v9 to v12) and libraries
- Updated Tomcat server version (v6 to v9)
- Updated Java version (v8 to v11) – transition to OpenJDK / Amazon Corretto to avoid license costs associated with newer versions of Java / JDK
MobileView Key Features:
- Responsive design adjusts the size and layout of data to best fit the viewing device (smartphone/tablet/PC)
- Modernized look & feel
- Display multiple existing data view panels from addVANTAGE Pro
- Trend / Chart (with interactive cursor)
- Event List
- Last Value of any sensor tag
- Virtual Instruments
- Additional widgets to be added with future releases
- Create multiple dashboards for you and your clients
- Customize each dashboard view by adjusting the order, size, and layout of widgets
- Scroll through widgets with a swipe
- Login-based access to dashboards using addVANTAGE Pro credentials and security settings
The Template Library
- Operators of large networks and many, many stations are repeatedly faced with the need of “recreating” graphs, trends, extensions, all sorts of nodes – in identical setups as have previously already been created. 6.8 allows the administrator to now create a suite of templates, store them in the new template library, and recreate an entire area with all its content with the click of a mouse button. This will largely accelerate and facilitate the creation of new areas and make an administrators live much easier!
The RTU Wizard
- Another one of these annoying tasks – setting up a new RTU. However, the new Wizard will guide you through this work stream in one, clean sweap – from creating a data source to setting up user rights. Nothing can be forgotten, no deviation needed, no search required how to do it and where to find it – the Wizard does it all!
The BEE – the new, Basic Export Extension
- This will in the long run replace the A2A export utility. Now you can create and recreate and duplicate any configuration of an export file that you need, for whichever application. Define your export parameters, field delimiters, headers, and target directory – BEE does the rest!
- A future, soon to be released version, will also provide you with the options to automatically transfer the files you just exported by FTP or by email directly to your target clients. Please note that this is an optional extension, not part of the free extension package.
The Server Status “Health Panels” for administrators
- For administrators it is more important than for “standard users” to have a quick an comprehensive overview as to the current status of their addVANTAGE Pro server’s health. These new panels will provide an excellent overview at a glance to important issues such as
- available harddisk space for the database and the backups,
- when the last backup was performed
- if the backup was successfull and the DB consistent
- how many users are logged in
- how many RTUs are present on this server
- how much time extensions take to calculate
- how much memory and CPU power are being used
- how many extensions are in the queue
- addVANTAGE Pro in short is
- a browser-based, fully Internet enabled
- data visualization
- data processing and
- data distribution platform
- offering customizable trends, tables, statistics
- alarms and events
- disease and irrigation models
- for all kinds of environmental and industrial data
- Pro 6 is a powerful yet universal software package to collect, store, process and graphically display data. The inherent flexibility of the software makes it an ideal tool for many applications, for weather and environmental data as much as for hydrographics, for leakage detection, frost warning and pump monitoring to countless other applications. Pro 6 not only displays data graphically, as can be seen in the screenshot on the top of this page, but also as text in a table, informs and/or alarms the user about specific events, provides a number of tools to process the data according to the needs of the clients, be it a simple report, an advanced statistic, or even a complex expert system, such as a disease model for phytophtora in potatoes.
- But addVANTAGE Pro 6 does much more: its integrated web server enables its users to get access from anywhere in the world through an internet connection – using nothing else but a common web browser. This makes addVANTAGE Pro 6 the ideal platform for those who not only want to collect, store and visualize data for themselves, but also for others – the ideal solution for “Service-Providers”.
Recommended server system requirements
- Static IP internet 25Mbps or faster
- Min 16 GB Ram, to support a couple of hundred sites
- Separate SSD drive for addVANTAGE PRO installation, 500GB or larger
- RAID 1 for the Windows OS and local backups
- Server grade components for 24h/7/365 operating time
- Uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
- Operating System: Windows 64 bit / Windows 10/ Server Version 2019, 2016, 2012 R2
PC Client access via browser
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Safari
Android or iPhone with internet access.