A753 GPRS RTU
A753 GPRS RTU
A753 addWAVE GPRS is a newly designed RTU, which incorporates all the experiences that we gathered with its predecessor.
Thanks to its enormous flexibility this RTU can be deployed in a wide variety of applications, from agriculture to hydrographics to professional meteorology, from water quality to flood warning, from AMR (Automatic Meter Reading) to leak detection, from the monitoring of solar power to wind energy.
- SDI-12 port Integrated
- Max. number of SDI-12 sensors 40
- Modbus option yes
- Analog Resolution 16-bit
- Sensor excitation voltage stabilized or battery voltage
- Sampling methods synchronous or asynchronous
- Max. counter frequency 2 x 30 Hz 2 x 500 Hz
- Integrated wind gust monitor yes
- Rain intensity monitoring yes
- Integrated mV amplifier yes
- Data memory 2MB
- For which applications is A753 particularly well suited? Here are a few examples:
- It’s easy to install and easy to maintain, yet very robust with low maintenance requirements. Compatible with all Adcon sensors it offers a lot of expansion options and is ideally suited to monitor diseases, evapotranspiration, soil moisture and temperature and other parameters.
- Professional Weather Stations
- The professional meteorologist expects his equipment to provide high resolution, wide temperature ranges, WMO compliant measurement methods, particularly for wind gust monitoring, lots of expansion options, lots of memory, flexible sampling intervalls, and more – all this and more are part of A753’s feature set, its compact design and low price notwithstanding.
- Environmental monitoring of water and air quality
- Thanks to the SDI-12 sensor standard a large number of multi-parameter probes has surfaced on the market, especially such for monitoring up to 16 water quality parameters simultaneously. A753 supports up to 40 SDI-12 sensor values, and 12 additional analog channels for 0-1/2,5V output signals with 16-Bit resolution across the RTUs full operating temperature range.
- Flood warning and rain intensity monitoring
- Many countries require data loggers to store the date and time of each pulse of a rain gauge in order to accurately calculate rain intensity. A753 can do even more, and additionally store up to three analog values, read at the same time as the pulse, e.g. wind speed and direction.
- Detecting pressure hammers in water distribution pipelines
- Using the measuring method originally developed for wind gust monitoring it is now also very easy to detect pressure hammers, which can cause a lot of damage to pippelines. Reading pressure 4 times per second and calculating a 3-second average, the highest of which is stored and transmitted, it becomes easy to accurately spot when and where such a pressure hammer has occurred.
- Other applications
- Monitoring equipment with high frequency
- Access control
- Frost warning
- Leak detection
- Level metering in ground and surface water bodies
- Soil moisture monitoring
- and much much more
Mechanics Case Aluminium, powder coated Protection class IP-67 Dimensions / weight 160 x 60 x 80 mm / 1.200 gr. Connectors for sensors and power 4 x M9 female 7-pin to sensor
1 x M9 female 5-pin to power
Made in Germany by Binder
IP-67 protection class
Sockets: brass, nickel plated, with gold plated socket contacts
Antenna connector TNC with external seal, water tight , Made in Germany Mounting Mast mounting bracket, integrated Operating temperature -20°C … +65°C / -4°F … 149°F
extended temp. range from -30°C … +75°C / -22°F … 167°F upon request
Logger I/O channels 60 Analog inputs 12×0…1V/2.5VDC (3 channels on Port C can be programmed to a measuring range of 0 – 150mV DC low temp. drift with internal amplification) Digital inputs 40 x SDI-12 Values Counter inputs Total of 4 inputs:
2 for standard reed switches, debounced, e.g for rain gauges; max. 30 pulses per second. Min. pulse length 17ms, min. break time 17ms
2 for fast puls generators, e.g. wind speed sensors or flow meters; max. 500 pulses per second. Min. pulse length 1ms, min. break time 1 ms.
TTL In- / Outputs 4 x TTL compatible status inputs or switching outputs, programmable; of which 1 x 5V (Port A) and 3 x 3.3V (all others) Analog resolution 16-Bit Sensor excitation voltage Programmable:
– Unregulated battery voltage from 5.5V … 7.5V
– Stabilized voltage, programmable from
3.3V … 5.5V in 0,1V increments
Memory 2MB for up to 500.000 values, depending on types of sensors attached (SDI-12 typically needs more memory than analog). Example: 15-minute data of an ETo station can be stored for 6 months. Special Logger functionality Wind gust monitoring Port C + Adcon wind sensor: 4 samples per second, 4 times per second calculation of 3-second average; Date and time of gust stored Wind vector monitoring Port C + Adcon wind sensor: wind direction is measured simultaneously with speed, weighed depending on speed, and stored as a vector Rain intensity monitoring Port D + rain gauge with pulse output (max. resolution: 1 second). Date and time of ech pulse are stored; in addition up to 3 analog signals and 2 counter inputs can be stored, e.g. wind speed and air temperature Pressure hammer detection Port C + Adcon manometer sensor: manometer is permanently excited, sampled 4 x per second, and a 3-second average is stored Low Voltage amplifier Port B: sensors with an analog output of 0-150mV can be connected directly; internal amplifier Asynchronous sampling To prevent sensors from influencing each others readings when read simultaneously ports can be sampled sequentially Event-Monitor To rapidly detect status changes on a digital input it can be sampled up to once per second; date and time of each status change are put in memory; attention: with frequent status changes this can generate a lot of data! Applications: error detection on equipment, access control, pump monitoring, etc. Data transmission Frequency ranges 900 & 1800 MHz (Europe) and
850 & 1900 MHz (Americas)
Modem Telit G24L
Optional: Telit H24 UMTS 7-Band
SIM-Cards small form factor Security SIM-cards can be PIN-code protected Connection types – GSM: CSD Circuit Switched Data
– UMTS: requires upgrade to 7-band UMTS module (optional)
GPRS connection settings Programmable:
– permanent connection
– scheduled connection, from 1 x per minute to
1 x per day
Antenna Omni directional, vertical, TNC jack, +2dBi General Power Supply internal 6.2V battery, charged by solar panel or mains power supply Battery Panasonic Hi-temperature cell, industry grade, NiMH, 3300mAh Type approvals FCC, R&TTE, CE, Industry Canada, ACMA Australia